Why the facination over the Mona Lisa? nice pic, eyes follow you, but what is the big deal? Lots of good pics around. Then we walked into the Gallery del Acedemia, and BAM! Standing in front of you is David, taller than I expected and unbelieveable! We have seen so many beautiful things but I do not think I will ever get the sight of Michangelos David out of my heart. (Bob is so inspired that he wants to enroll in Debbie's sculpture class so he can do a David replica for our dock). P.S. Deb: Bob admits now that you are right on the BIG HANDS! (NOTE: This pic is not the real David, only a rep, outside)
We are in Florence, and OH MY! unbelievable beauty every where! As Bob says: when you have unlimited money, from taxes, and unlimited time, from artists, and a focus, from rulers, you can create unlimited, beauty!
Something to Ponder:
Why did we abdicate the building of bathrooms to men?
Love to all, Ciao, ss
P.S. Our love to the Johnsons for their loss. Our hearts go to you.
Okay you've seen it all now come home! Sounds like you two are having a really great time.
ReplyDeleteSure do miss those morning calls! Love to both.
MOM and DAD
I had the same response to David, in fact it made me cry. Not sure why I just became over whelmed with emotion at the beauty.
ReplyDelete