Monday, October 5, 2009

Cinque Terre - Italian Rivera



After saying Arriverderci (sp?) to Venice this morning, we traveled back thru Milano to Monterosso in Cinque Terre (5 towns built along the west coast of Italy, AKA the Italian Rivera). We left Venice in late Fall weather (sweater/jacket weather) to early summer weather (they are on the beach, some even in the water!)




The town is built into the mountains, and old world beautiful!




I'm on my quest for the perfect gelatto, I tried 2 in Venice, and hope to walk off dinner tonight so I can sample what Monterosso has to offer.




Special notes:


. YEA! Donna on the great news!


. Mom: Dad's report - send to bob's email.


. Jimmy: I think yesterday or tomorrow is your B.D. - have a great one - didn't find the suitable bowling ball for you in Paris, but we are still looking.


. Blue Zone - we remember you all every evening, do you remember us?


. Dee - I miss your Monday a.m. call! (Mom - I miss your daily call!)


. We love you all!


check out the pic today of our first look at Cinque Terre after leaving the train - assuming I can get it posted.


Love,


ss


2 comments:

  1. Bob-a-loo! All the practice napping really paid off on carrying that big ol' backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES....the Blue Zone remembers you!!! It's been raining since you left and unable to have Blue Zone outside.....or anywhere! We're anxiously awaiting your return so it will STOP raining.......when will you be home??

    ReplyDelete